pixelart

Hello everyone, I recently bought my gamebuino and it has been very difficult to find people to guide me, since I am Mexican and almost nobody here has a gamebuino, I was wondering what program I can do pixelart and program one game at a time.

Hello, we are here to help you to start.
You can do pixelart with alot of programs:
you can find answers here: Pixel art -- By Aurélien Rodot

Have you already an idea of the program you would do ?
Start by writting the idea of your game, then think about the object you will use: wich size, wich animation, wich value you will need.
It’s not very important to think to all but try anyway.

A good advise, start to make the tutorials in the Academy. It’s give alot examples and you learn batter when you do the things. Modify the programs of the tuto and look how they are constructed. It’s will help you to organize your own program.

Then start writting, search in the site when you have a problem and ask us to help when you need.

Hi @Puto,

Welcome to our community, hoping you’ll find what you’re looking for. There are people of goodwill here who can help you if you are in trouble. But it’s best that you take the time to describe your problem precisely so that we can help you in the best possible way.

Unfortunately there is no IDE for the Gamebuino that allows you to write your code and prepare your graphical resources in the same environment (as there is for PICO-8 for example). You will have to use several programs for this. Arduino IDE will allow you to write your source code, compile it and upload it to your Gamebuino. There are alternatives for this, for example you can use Visual Studio Code, which is much more elaborate than the Arduino IDE.

For this, I encourage you to follow the excellent @bfx tutorials:

1. ArduinoStructure: Understanding Arduino files and folders
  2. VSCode: Visual Studio Code for Gamebuino and Arduino with IntelliSense

As far as the preparation of your graphic elements is concerned, you can, for example, use the excellent Aseprite, Piskel (free), PyxelEdit and Tiled (free) to create your sprites, tilesets and tilemaps. But then you’ll have to convert these graphic resources (which are only images, in PNG format for example) into C++ code to integrate them into your source code. To do this, you can use the Image Transcoder tool, available in our community. This tool will allow you to convert your images into arrays of uint16_t or uint8_t integers that you can then directly handle in your code.

If you have difficulties using these tools, don’t hesitate to come back to us so that we can help you :wink:

1 Like