The new specs just came out on the kickstarter page !
- Microcontroller: ATSAMD21, 32bit ARM Cortex M0+, 256KB flash, 32KB RAM, same as Arduino Zero
- Display: 1.8", 80*64px RGB 16bit (or 160*128px, indexed 16 colors). 25FPS refresh rate by default, up to 50FPS.
- Battery: LiPo 3.7V 900mAh (to be confirmed), charged through micro USB B port (like a regular phone).
- Sound : 10bit DAC, mutli-channel 8bit WAV playback, 2.5W class-D audio amp, audio jack 3.5mm, 1W speaker
- Back lights: 8 independently controllable RGB LEDs for light effects in your palms!
- Buttons: D-pad, A, B, Home, Menu
- Backpacks (aka shields): All GPIOs you have on an Arduino Zero are free to use on the back of the console. The developer backpack is compatible with Arduino Shields. Warning: Gamebuino runs at 3.3V, it's not 5V compatible. The DAC output is used for sound. SPI slaves are present on the bus, but won't prevent you from using it.
- Micro SD card socket: FAT and FAT32 compatible. Optionnal micro SD card with plenty of games provided with the deluxe early bird and deluxe perks. Change between games on the go, not computer required!
I'm so hyped by the new resolution of the console, now we can do games with almost the same resolution as the Gameboy !