Issue Uploading to GameBuino Meta

Hi Folks,

I really hope someone can help please, as I have tried this on two different systems and I still have had no luck.

So my Gamebuino Meta has finally arrived and I have set up the follow :-

Arduino IDE version 1.8.12
Added the Gamebuino Meta board version 1.2.2 to the IDE
Added the Gamebuino Meta library version 1.3.2 to the IDE

I connected my Gamebuino Meta via USB and ran lsusb from terminal and I have the following :-

lsusb
Bus 001 Device 009: ID 2341:004d Arduino SA Genuino Zero <- Looks Good

I copied the example Hello World program from the Gambuino.com website into a new sketch and saved it.

I selected the Gamebuino Meta Board in the IDE and it shows as being on /dev/ttyACM0

ls -al /dev/ttyACM0
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 166, 0 Mar 2 15:37 /dev/ttyACM0

I ran chmod 666 /dev/ttyACM0 from the terminal to fix write permissions.

ls -al /dev/ttyACM0
crw-rw-rw- 1 root dialout 166, 0 Mar 2 15:37 /dev/ttyACM0 <- That’s better

I also added my useraccount to the dialout group.

However when I try uploading to my Gamebuino Meta and I get the following output :-

Sketch uses 53920 bytes (21%) of program storage space. Maximum is 245760 bytes.
Forcing reset using 1200bps open/close on port /dev/ttyACM0
PORTS {/dev/ttyACM0, } / {/dev/ttyACM0, } => {}
Uploading using selected port: /dev/ttyACM0
/home/username/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/bossac/1.7.0-arduino3/bossac -i -d --port=ttyACM0 -U true -i -e -w -v /tmp/arduino_build_224895/test.ino.bin -R
Set binary mode
No device found on ttyACM0
Send auto-baud
Set binary mode
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

:frowning:

I have even tried running this but it makes no difference (don’t think this is needed anymore anyway as the IDE does it automatically as shown in the output above):-

stty -F /dev/ttyACM0 speed 1200 cs8 -cstopb -paren

No matter what I do I cannot upload to my Gamebuino Meta from either my Ubuntu or Debian boxes.

Please can someone help ?

Thanks

I use a similar setup, just tested with IDE 1.8.12 and it flashed ok. Arduino upload isn’t always reliable though, sometimes it gets going after you re-insert the cable or re-select the Port from the Tools menu.

You could also try uploading after you enter the boot mode: exit current app to loader, press Menu, select Enter bootloader, then plug USB.

Good luck!

Hi alxm,

Thank you for your advice, I have got it to work 1 in 7 times by entering into the boot loader as you suggested.

I do find it rather unstable to use however and I would love to know why that is. Intermittent issues are the hardest to diagnose.

Thanks again

DaMikki

Make sure to also try with other USB cables, I used to have one that disconnected during upload causing issues just like this. It usually works for me about half the time.